Departmental specialties, acts and duties
Department of Energy:-
Making policy related to electricity in the state and administrative control in the field .
Energy Department's Goal
Making the state self-reliant in the field of electricity, which can accelerate the all-round development of the state.
Objective - To ensure the quality of electricity to consumers at reasonable rates and to overcome the shortage of power in the state. Making all the financial companies financially viable.
A brief history of the department and the theme of its formation -
After the formation of the state, various departments were set up for administrative control and policy making etc. Energy Department was set up for power sector in the state.
Duties of the Department -
The framework for the development of the works of the power sector in the state and the construction of policies related to power, administrative control and the smooth arrangement of electricity etc.
The main functions of the Department -
Administrative matters related to thermal power and hydropower, power regulation, administrative control and financing on electrical inspectorate and co-ordination and administrative control of the Six successive companies of MP State Electricity Board. With respect to coordination on power related subjects, credit related issues related to the central government, making power sector reforms program, act related to electricity sector, rules etc. and related actions, cooperation in implementing the delivery of power projects etc., all related to the services Subjects related to the department such as appointments, postings, transfers, salary, leave, retirement, posts New laws, provinces, deputations, punishments and representations.
List of services provided by the Department and their brief description-
Services are provided by the following company / corporation / department under the department: -
1. M P Paschim Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited Indore-Indore and Ujjain Region -The work of power distribution, supply and resolving consumer complaints.
2. M P Poorve Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited Jabalpur- Jabalpur, Sagar, Rewa and Shahdol Region-The work of power distribution, supply and resolving consumer complaints.
3. M P Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited Bhopal-Bhopal and Gwalior Region- The work of power distribution, supply and resolving consumer complaints.
4. M P Gen. Company Ltd Jabalpur - Functioning of electricity generation in the state.
5. M P Tran. Company Ltd. Jabalpur - Function of the power transmission and load discharge in the state.
6. Electrical Inspectorate- Issue of licenses to Supervisor / Tertiary Permissions and Electrical Contractors, Renewing Contractual License, Providing Approval to launch new high-paying consumers etc.
7. M.P. Electric Regulatory Commission- Issuing the license for tariff fixation, transmission, distribution, licensing of electricity business, judicial decisions arising between licensing and production companies
8. M P Power Management Company Ltd. Jabalpur - Holding Company of All three state Discom, Wholesale Power Purchase / Sales
Organizational Structure at different levels of the department -
Electrical Inspectorate and the successive companies of MP State Electricity Board fall under the administrative control of the Department of Energy.
Public cooperation expectations to increase the efficiency of the department -
Right and legal use of electricity
Timely payment of electricity bills
Cooperation in catching power theft
Take care of security in electrical work
Law / order to ensure public cooperation -
On receipt of any complaint related to the public, it is checked by the department and action is taken on the basis of the report.
Monitoring of services and grievances redressal of public services -
On receipt of public grievances in the department, urgent action is taken and it is recorded on computer and reviewed.
Head Office and addresses of offices at different levels -
Department of Energy, Ministry, Bhopal.
Electrical Inspectorate - Satpura Bhawan, Bhopal
MP Poorve Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited Jabalpur- Shakti Bhawan, Rampur, Jabalpur.
M.P. Paschim Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited Indore Polo Ground, GPH Compound, Indore
M.P. Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited Bhopal , Govindpura, Bhopal.
M P Power Transmission Company Limited Jabalpur Shakti Bhawan, Rampur Jabalpur
M P Power Generating Company Limited Jabalpur Shakti Bhawan, Rampur, Jabalpur
M.P.Power Management Company Ltd. Jabalpur Shakti Bhawan, Rampur, Jabalpur
Madhya Pradesh Electric Regulatory Commission Bhopal
Office hours - 10.30 am
Office closure time- 5.30pm